In the article we will provide you with the necessary instruction for changing the pump Graco Ultra & UltraMax. Wear can damage the pump sometimes you can get an error message, with the light below the pressure control flashing four times, indicating that the pump is blocked. In this case, the pump has reached its lifetime and should be replaced. In the video here below, the steps to repair the pump of the Graco Ultra and UltraMax are illustrated (credits to Graco for the video).
For the different Graco Ultra and UltraMax pumps there are different replacement pumps available, here you can see them all:
- Order Graco Triax replacement pump for Graco Ultra with cable – click here
- Order Graco Triax replacement pump for Graco Ultra with battery battery – click here
- Order Graco Triax replacement pump for Graco UltraMax now – click here
Step-by-step instructions for repairing the Graco Ultra & UltraMax pump
- Disconnect power supply (battery / cable) and turn the spray / prime nub down to the prime position
- Remove the cup assembly
- Remove the tip guard assembly and turn the prime / spray nub forward to the spray position
- Remove the cross-head screw from the prime / pump spray nub and remove the nub
- Remove the seven cross-head screws from the sprayer enclosure and remove the enclosure cover
- Carefully remove the pump assembly from the enclosure (on the Graco UltraMax you will have to remove the static dissipation wire first – and save the screw!)
- Place the new pump assembly into the Smart Control housing – DO NOT REMOVE THE YELLOW LOCKING DEVICE! (on Graco UltraMax models you will have to reinstall the static dissipation wire)
- Push the pump assembly down into the SmartControl enclosure – the pump locking device will snap away from the pump assembly
- Install the enclosure cover and install the cross-head screws, making sure the wires are not pinched. See the manual for correct torque specifications
- You will need to install the prime / spray nub so the nub is pointing forward. Install the cross-head screw at the back of the nub. Make sure the prime / pump nub only rotates forward and down
- Attach the tip guard assembly and the cup assembly
- Verify the prime / pump nub has been properly installed by turning it forward to the spray position and down to the prime position
- Fill the cup assembly with water and test spraying
Safety Note: To repair and replace the pump unit of the Graco Ultra and Graco UltraMax, disconnect the sprayer from the power supply (battery, cable). In addition, the pressure should be released via the relief valve. In addition, please observe the operating and repair instructions of the manufacturer.
For more information about the Graco Ultra & UltraMax you can take a look at other blog posts on this subject:
- Overview – Graco Ultra & UltraMax Airless Hand Sprayers
- Graco Ultra & UltraMax – Order Replacement Parts & Accessories
For all further questions about the Graco Ultra and UltraMax models, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone +49 (0) 30/22015436, by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our contact form here below.